C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is blessed to obey

3 posters

Go down

It is blessed to obey  Empty It is blessed to obey

Post by Admin2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him;
in this way prosperity will come to you.

It's not the reason we follow God, but when we do Christians have the best life ever! Prosperity doesn't necessarily mean wealth either.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

It is blessed to obey  Empty Re: It is blessed to obey

Post by Wolfie Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Eliphaz gave a lot of advice to Job, and I think he was harsh with Job sometimes.

Job 22 :5-9
22:5 [Is] not thy wickedness great? and thine iniquities infinite?
22:6 For thou hast taken a pledge from thy brother for nought, and stripped the naked of their clothing.
22:7 Thou hast not given water to the weary to drink, and thou hast withholden bread from the hungry.
22:8 But [as for] the mighty man, he had the earth; and the honourable man dwelt in it.
22:9 Thou hast sent widows away empty, and the arms of the fatherless have been broken.

Telling him to repent and make peace with God.

22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
22:22 Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.
22:23 If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.
22:24 Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the [gold] of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
22:25 Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver.
22:26 For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
22:27 Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.

maybe Job needed that because he was saying things like, "
Job 23: 2-4
23:2 Even to day [is] my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
23:3 Oh that I knew where I might find him! [that] I might come [even] to his seat!
23:4 I would order [my] cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 am

Submit to God and be at peace with him is what all Christians hope to achieve.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down