C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are the dead in heaven?

3 posters

Go down

are the dead in heaven? Empty are the dead in heaven?

Post by Admin2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 am

13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

is Jesus coming with the saints? Does that mean the saints are already in heaven?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

are the dead in heaven? Empty Re: are the dead in heaven?

Post by Mathétés Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:24 pm

I think part of them are the saints that resurrected and went up to heaven with Christ, notice they are called saints.

Matt. 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

Although there is no record of what happen to them after they got into the city and appeared unto many, there are scholars and theologians that agree that they went up to heaven when Christ ascended too, i.e:

"Walvoord suggests this event was “a fulfillment of the Feast of the Firstfruits of harvest mentioned in Leviticus 23:10-14. On that occasion, as a token of the coming harvest, the people would bring a handful of grain to the priest. The resurrection of these saints, occurring after Jesus Himself was raised, is a token of the coming harvest when all the saints will be raised” (Walvoord, Matthew: Thy Kingdom Come, p. 236).

Sr. White writes about it saying they went up to heaven as the "trophies" of Christ's victory over death and grave:

"But those who came forth from the grave at Christ's resurrection were raised to everlasting life. They were the multitude of captives who ascended with Him as trophies of His victory over death and the grave...." Christ Triumphant, p. 286.2

So I think the saints Christ will come with are these ones too. It is relevant to mention the one that died and was resurrected such as Moses. Then, we have the ones that were caught up alive as Elijah and Enoch. Therefore, these may come together with Christ, as well.
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:18 am

I agree with Mathetes.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down