C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bread from Heaven

3 posters

Go down

Bread from Heaven  Empty Bread from Heaven

Post by Mathétés Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 am

Bread from Heaven:

Ex. 16:4 "Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no."

Shape: small round thing

Ex. 16:14 "And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground."

Manna, meaning: "What is this?"

Ex. 16:15 "And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat."

What it was like and flavor:

Ex. 16:31 "And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey."

The commandment regarding Manna:

Ex. 16:32, 33 "32 And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt. 33 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations."

They ate it forty years:

Ex. 16:35 "And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bread from Heaven  Empty Re: Bread from Heaven

Post by Wolfie Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:46 am

Ex 16:5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare [that] which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

The preparation day. Sabbath has been kept since the garden of Eden
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 am

Ex 16:21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

The early birds catches the worm.

No being lazy otherwise you go hungry
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:50 am

@wolfie good point!
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 am

could you eat anything for 40 years and still enjoy it?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum