C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow me!

3 posters

Go down

Follow me! Empty Follow me!

Post by Mathétés Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 am

Mark 2:14- 17 "14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him. 15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. 16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? 17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

One word and the obedience to that word changed the life of Matthew. After that, as usual, the leaders of the nation raised against Christ and His followers. Today, whenever someone obeys His word and follows Him, people will raise against that person too. Yet, we do not have to be discouraged because Christ Himself will answer them through His word: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance".

Last edited by Mathétés on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Follow me! Empty Re: Follow me!

Post by Admin2 Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:55 am

It is fine when your enemies persecute you, but when (like Matthew), your friends hate on you it is the worst.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathétés Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am

Even worse when the enemies are your family members
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:38 am

You have to raise above it all with Jesus Christ.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down