C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words of Elihu - Job's another friend

Go down

Words of Elihu - Job's another friend Empty Words of Elihu - Job's another friend

Post by Mathétés Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Job 32:9 Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Words of Elihu - Job's another friend Empty Re: Words of Elihu - Job's another friend

Post by Mathétés Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."

Job 33:12 "Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man."

Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Words of Elihu - Job's another friend Empty Re: Words of Elihu - Job's another friend

Post by Mathétés Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Although he was, like his other three friends, rebuking Job, he said some good points:

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
Job 33:16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathétés Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

And then, as he mentioned before "neither do the aged understand judgment", Job had to hear this:

Job 33:33 "If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum