C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

see God and die

3 posters

Go down

see God and die Empty see God and die

Post by Admin2 Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am

9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

1John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

How can they see God when the bible says no man has seen God?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

see God and die Empty Re: see God and die

Post by Greenpea1 Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:49 pm

I started to reply last night but didn't save it ... I believe God especially blessed the 70, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu. Sr White says,

"They did not behold the person of God, but only the inexpressible glory which surrounded him. Previous to this, had they looked upon such sacred glory, they could not have lived, for they were unprepared for it. But the exhibitions of God's power had filled them with fear, which wrought in them repentance for their past transgressions. They loved and reverenced God, and had been purifying themselves, and contemplating his great glory, purity and mercy, until they could approach nearer him who had been the subject of all their meditations. "3SG Vol 3. She also writes:
God had appointed Nadab and Abihu to a most sacred work, therefore He honored them in a most wonderful manner. He gave them a view of His excellent glory, that the scenes they should witness in the mount would abide with them and the better qualify them to minister in His service and render to Him that exalted honor and reverence before the people which would give them clearer conceptions of His character and awaken in them due obedience and reverence for all His requirements. {3T 297.2}
hath seen the Father ...' John 14:9. Jesus is 'the way, the truth and the life' John 14:6, and '...Thy word is truth.' John 17:17. We too are honoured ... maybe not to see our Saviour in the flesh or the Father's glory, but we are honoured and blessed to have His word daily to read and eat!! Best we love and obey it.
Greenpea1
Greenpea1

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenpea1 Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Sorry, I meant to write after the quote, Jesus said to Peter, 'He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father ..."
Greenpea1
Greenpea1

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 am

I believe they saw Jesus Greenpea1.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content