C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being deceived

3 posters

Go down

Being deceived Empty Being deceived

Post by Mathétés Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 am

Gen. 29:25 "And it came to pass, that in the morning, behold, it was Leah: and he said to Laban, What is this thou hast done unto me? did not I serve with thee for Rachel? wherefore then hast thou beguiled me?"

Was he being payed back as he did to his brother Esau and to his father Isaac?
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Being deceived Empty Re: Being deceived

Post by Admin2 Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 am

Had he repented before this? i dont think God would punish him to repay his wickedness if he had. If He hadnt repented it could be the means by which God could help realise his own sin
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:26 am

Jacob is betrayed into marrying Leah, and on consenting to serve other seven years obtains Rachel also. He claims his expected reward when due. "Made a feast." The feast in the house of the bride's father seems to have lasted seven days, at the close of which the marriage was completed. But the custom seems to have varied according to the circumstances of the bridegroom. Jacob had no house of his own to which to conduct the bride. In the evening: when it was dark. The bride was also closely veiled, so that it was easy for Laban to practise this piece of deceit. "A handmaid." It was customary to give the bride a handmaid, who became her confidential servant
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum