C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the law of sin and death?

2 posters

Go down

What is the law of sin and death? Empty What is the law of sin and death?

Post by Admin2 Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:18 pm

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The law of the Spirit of life has made me free from this other law of sin and death.
|
V
Now I can walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh
|
V
I have no condemnation.

what is the freedom that the law of the Spirit gives? What is the bondage of the law of sin and death?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the law of sin and death? Empty Re: What is the law of sin and death?

Post by Alkaios Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:54 am

The law of the spirit of life- A phase defining more fully the mode in which the union with Christ becomes operative in the believer. It begins by imparting to him the spirit Christ; this spirit creates within him a law; and the result of the law is life-that perfect spiritual vitality which includes within itself the pledge of immortality. 

The spirit- That is, the spirit of Christ, as in Romans 8:9, which is hardly as yet conceived of as a distinct personality, but representing the continued action and influence which the ascended Saviour exercises upon the believer.

In Christ Jesus- These words are best taken with "hath made" (rather, made, when it was imparted to me) "me free". The law of spirit of life, in Christ (i.e operating though my union with Christ), made me free from the law of sin and of death.

From the law of sin and death- the direct contract to the foregoing. Not here the law of Moses, but the power of sin, the corrupt element in our nature,acting upon the soul, and itself erecting a kind of law, saying, "Thou shall " where the law of God says "Thou Shalt Not" where the law of God says "Thou shalt" The effect of this reign of sin is death-spiritual death-bearing in itself the pledge of eternal death.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum