C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every man did that which was right in his own eyes

2 posters

Go down

Every man did that which was right in his own eyes Empty Every man did that which was right in his own eyes

Post by Mathétés Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:29 am

Judg. 17:6 "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes."

what a time of confusion it might have been...

it tells us the story of a man named Micah who received a levite in his house and made him priest over his house

Judg. 17:12, 13 "And Micah consecrated the Levite; and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah.
Then said Micah, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest."

verse 13 shows that Micah thought he was doing the right thing because he had a levite; I would say it was superstition...

Chapter 18 continues with the same story, this time it tells us that the Levite was taken from the house of Micah by the Danites who were to conquer a land; the Levite liked the idea to become a priest of a tribe rather than of a household:

Judg. 18:19 "And they said unto him, Hold thy peace, lay thine hand upon thy mouth, and go with us, and be to us a father and a priest: is it better for thee to be a priest unto the house of one man, or that thou be a priest unto a tribe and a family in Israel?"

Judg. 18:20 "And the priest’s heart was glad, and he took the ephod, and the teraphim, and the graven image, and went in the midst of the people."

Judg. 18:27 "And they took the things which Micah had made, and the priest which he had, and came unto Laish, unto a people that were at quiet and secure: and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and burnt the city with fire."

Now, I want to know if the following verse reveals the name of the Levite, what do you think?

Judg. 18:30 "And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Every man did that which was right in his own eyes Empty Re: Every man did that which was right in his own eyes

Post by Wolfie Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 pm

The name of the priest is Jonathan
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum