C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

better to be a eunuch

Go down

better to be a eunuch Empty better to be a eunuch

Post by Alkoios Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:31 pm

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Some are born with physical deformity
Some are deformed by men (castration)
Some are determined to be single for the cause of God (like Paul)

The ideal is to be single but not all can receive it I think.

Alkoios

Back to top Go down

better to be a eunuch Empty Re: better to be a eunuch

Post by Wolfie Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 pm

God meant for man to get married to a woman.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The husband and wife provide comfort, companionship, help, love and support to each other. In a truly happy marriage there should not be any selfishness. The couple should put each other's happiness before there own,

In the case of Paul, he was so eager to do the will of God, I don't think that he was interested in women at all. Perhaps he was a very unattractive fellow.

Some young men take the oath of celibacy for religious reasons, then they cannot succeed and commit terrible crimes and keep on committing these crimes
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum