C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Promise of a Sabbath Rest

2 posters

Go down

God's Promise of a Sabbath Rest Empty God's Promise of a Sabbath Rest

Post by Wolfie Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

God's Constant Involvement.
As regards this world, God's work of creation is completed. For "the works were finished from the foundation of the world." Hebrews 4:3. But His energy is still exerted in upholding the objects of His creation. It is not because the mechanism that has once been set in motion continues to act by its own inherent energy that the pulse beats and breath follows breath; but every breath, every pulsation of the heart, is an evidence of the all-pervading care of Him in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28.
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

God's Promise of a Sabbath Rest Empty Re: God's Promise of a Sabbath Rest

Post by Mathétés Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 am

Heb. 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."

In greek the word for "rest" is: σαββατισμός (sabbatismos) that has a root σάββατον (sabbaton); of Hebrew origin (H7676); the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath), or day of weekly repose from secular avocations (Source: Accordance)
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum