C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Continues to Suffer

Go down

Job Continues to Suffer Empty Job Continues to Suffer

Post by Wolfie Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:07 pm

In Chap 5, 6 and 7 Eliphaz talks to Job and advises him to seek God's help. He thinks that God might be correcting Job. Job wants to die.

" Job 6 :14 To him that is afflicted pity [should be showed] from his friend; but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty." Is Job speaking to his friend or to God here?

Kind words, looks of sympathy, expressions of appreciation, would be to many a struggling and lonely one as the cup of cold water to a thirsty soul. A word of sympathy, an act of kindness, would lift burdens that rest heavily upon weary shoulders. And every word or deed of unselfish kindness is an expression of the love of Christ for lost humanity. {MB 23.1}
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Job Continues to Suffer Empty Re: Job Continues to Suffer

Post by Wolfie Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Job 6 :24 " Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred." Job now thinks that he might have erred.

Job went through a terrible time
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Suffering is From Satan, not God.

It was generally believed by the Jews that sin is punished in this life. Every affliction was regarded as the penalty of some wrongdoing, either of the sufferer himself or of his parents. It is true that all suffering results from the transgression of God's law, but this truth had become perverted. Satan, the author of sin and all its results, had led men to look upon disease and death as proceeding from God,--as punishment arbitrarily inflicted on account of sin. Hence one upon whom some great affliction or calamity had fallen had the additional burden of being regarded as a great sinner. {DA 471.1}
Thus the way was prepared for the Jews to reject Jesus. He who "hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows" was looked upon by the Jews as "stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted;" and they hid their faces from Him. Isaiah 53:4, 3. {DA 471.2}
God had given a lesson designed to prevent this. The history of Job had shown that suffering is inflicted by Satan, and is overruled by God for purposes of mercy. But Israel did not understand the lesson. The same error for which God had reproved the friends of Job was repeated by the Jews in their rejection of Christ. {DA 471.3
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum