C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moses calms God's hot temper?

2 posters

Go down

Moses calms God's hot temper? Empty Moses calms God's hot temper?

Post by Admin2 Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:55 am

11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Does God need the counsel of man? Did a sinful, erring human speak sense to the LORD? Is God controlled by His emotions and calmed down and pacified by the words of a worm?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moses calms God's hot temper? Empty Re: Moses calms God's hot temper?

Post by Wolfie Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:16 pm

No God does not.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: .....It was more like a discussion and Moses intervened in behalf of the people. Because of God's grear love for Moses he gave the people another chance
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down