C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the trouble with the Jews

2 posters

Go down

the trouble with the Jews Empty the trouble with the Jews

Post by Admin2 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 am

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men.

Not to be antisemitic, I believe instead of race, Jew refers to the church. My question is will our own people persecute us also?

Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

the trouble with the Jews Empty Re: the trouble with the Jews

Post by Wolfie Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 pm

The Jews are dispersed all over the world, Australia, Germany etc Their race is Australian, their religion is Jewish.

In v14 I read that those people in Thessalonica worshipped idols before but turned to the true God ( 1 Thess 1:9) and because of that they suffered persecution from their countrymen. The same as the Jews persecuted the early Christian church.

I believe that we will suffer persecution from everywhere, and will be betrayed by our own brethren.

"They shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake." "Ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death." John 16:33; Luke 21:12, 16. {AA 84.2}
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Terrible thought huh?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content