C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pass over the door

3 posters

Go down

pass over the door Empty pass over the door

Post by Alkaios Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am

For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you. 24 And you shall observe this thing as an ordinance for you and your sons forever ?
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

pass over the door Empty Re: pass over the door

Post by Admin2 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am

For ever: An end indeterminable by the subject who experiences it. It describes the extent of the situation as though it is infinite when in reality it may or may not finish.

i.e. While Jonah went to the bottom of the sea it felt to him at that time like his experience would last forever.

Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

i.e. When we are waiting for someone, and they take a long time, we say to them “you were taking forever!” It’s not that we never came through, but the expression is a hyperbole for an extended period of time. For example, God describes His anger toward Judah as lasting for ever, when in reality His anger does end (Mic 7:18) but for ever refers to the experience as it appears to the children of Judah.

Jer. 17:4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

Mic. 7:18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

ie. The entire duration of time given to a certain situation that lasts until the situation changes. For instance Hannah gave Samuel to work in the tabernacle “for ever”. It’s obvious that Samuel is not working there anymore because 1. He is dead. 2. The temple is destroyed. 3. The priesthood no longer belongs to the Levites but to Jesus Christ. "Forever" refers to the entire duration of his life, just as two married people are "together forever" until they die.

1Sam. 1:22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD, and there abide for ever.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm

The passover lamb was killed, its blood placed on the lintel and sideposts. They were told to observe this thing for and ORDINANCE for ever. They started doing it and are still doing it. I don't know if they put the blood but they still have the passover with the unleavened bread (Matzo it is delicious)

So should we do it?
Col. 2:13,14 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

All animal sacrifices ceased, also the 7 ceremonial sabbaths
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Amen
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down