C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching the news

2 posters

Go down

Watching the news Empty Watching the news

Post by Wolfie Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Isa. 59:14, 15 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. 15 Yea, truth faileth; and he [that] departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw [it], and it displeased him tha t [there was] no judgment.

The press publishes the revolting details of vice, thus initiating others into the practice of fraud, robbery, and murder; and Satan exults in the success of his hellish schemes. The infatuation of vice, the wanton taking of life, the terrible increase of intemperance and iniquity of every order and degree, should arouse all who fear God, to inquire what can be done to stay the tide of evil. {GC 585.2}
Courts of justice are corrupt. Rulers are actuated by desire for gain and love of sensual pleasure. Intemperance has beclouded the faculties of many so that Satan has almost complete control of them. Jurists are perverted, bribed, deluded. Drunkenness and revelry, passion, envy, dishonesty of every sort, are represented among those who administer the laws. "Justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." Isaiah 59:14. {GC 586.1}

Today we see the violence on the screen. Oh but we only want to watch the news.
Psalm 101:3 "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; [it] shall not cleave to me."
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Watching the news Empty Re: Watching the news

Post by Alkaios Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:07 pm

I find this Psalm 101.3 really interesting
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down