C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

receive it like a child

3 posters

Go down

receive it like a child Empty receive it like a child

Post by Admin2 Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 am

15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

How do we receive the kingdom as a child?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

receive it like a child Empty Re: receive it like a child

Post by Wolfie Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: receive it like a child:
Little children believe and trust those who are in charge of them, they have no choice at that tender age. Each day you are to come, trusting as a little child drawing nearer to Jesus and heaven. In meeting with unwavering trust in God the daily trials and difficulties, you will again and again test the promises of Heaven, and each time you will learn a lesson of faith. Thus you will gain strength to resist temptation, and when the harder trials come, you will be able to endure. {OHC 326.5}
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: receive it like a child:
Little children believe and trust those who are in charge of them, they have no choice at that tender age.  " Each day you are to come, trusting as a little child drawing nearer to Jesus and heaven. In meeting with unwavering trust in God the daily trials and difficulties, you will again and again test the promises of Heaven, and each time you will learn a lesson of faith. Thus you will gain strength to resist temptation, and when the harder trials come, you will be able to endure.  {OHC 326.5}"
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 pm

[size=15]Observe the "verily" with which our Lord introduces these words. He here adds something which extends what he has just said to those who are, not literally, but figuratively, little children. We must first receive the kingdom into our affections before we can really enter into it. It is as though Christ said, "It is not unworthy of my dignity to take little children into my arms and bless them, because by my benediction they become fit for the kingdom of heaven. And if you full-grown men would become fit for my kingdom, you must give up your ambitious aims and earthly contests, and imitate the simple unworldly ways of little children. The simplicity of the little child is the model and the rule for every one who desires, by the grace of Christ, to obtain the kingdom of heaven. Our Lord's whole action here is a great encouragement to the receiving of little children by Holy Baptism into covenant with him.[/size]
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum