C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction

2 posters

Go down

When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction Empty When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction

Post by Admin2 Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 am

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction Empty Re: When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction

Post by Greenpea1 Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Isaiah seems to be simultaneously reproving what the people of Israel are thinking - their sad state as a nation before the Lord, and pleading for His eyes to be open to their troubles... and also comforting them in vs 28-31.

So I'm wondering what it means, ... MY JUDGEMENT is passed over from my God? God's favourable help? God's mercy?
Greenpea1
Greenpea1

Back to top Go down

When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction Empty Re: When we are tempted to think God does not see or help in our affliction

Post by Admin2 Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Quite often the Bible refers to God's ruling in favor of His servants as judgment...
Psalm 72:4 KJV
[4] He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenpea1 Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:51 am

Ahh yes, thanks. So they're saying in effect that God has not favoured them...one remedy for that: "...Turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"
Greenpea1
Greenpea1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2 Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 am

true dat! In the reading those who are helped are those who "wait upon the Lord"

What do you think this means?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenpea1 Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:09 am

To me it means to depend on Him entirely for strength and guidance. Not to sit on our hands and do nothing, but using common sense (that He gives) do that which we can complete to the best of our ability in His strength. Looking at verses 29-31, they seem to run in sequence. He gives power, increases strength, some will give up (relying on their own strength) in difficult circumstances. But if we depend, press into Him in our difficulties, He SHALL renew strength. You reckon?
Greenpea1
Greenpea1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum