C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hezekiah's optimism

3 posters

Go down

Hezekiah's optimism Empty Hezekiah's optimism

Post by Admin2 Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:45 am

5 Then said Isaiah to Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord of hosts:
6 Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord.
7 And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.
8 Then said Hezekiah to Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken. He said moreover, For there shall be peace and truth in my days.

Is it just me or does this seem extremely selfish? How can the fact that he has peace and truth make the message a pleasant one when his sons and descendants and entire house be taken prisoner by babylon?
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hezekiah's optimism Empty Re: Hezekiah's optimism

Post by Wolfie Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:15 pm

re : Hezekiah's Optimism:
I agree that it seems selfish. What if he repented there and then and pleaded with the Lord to punish him rather than the people that will come after him.
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathétés Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Also, he showed them everything and did not honored God by saying he got all those things by His blessing, What he simply did is to show off before those visitors.

Is. 39:2 "And Hezekiah was glad of them, and shewed them the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum