C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tribe of Dan. Rev. Chap.7

2 posters

Go down

The Tribe of Dan. Rev. Chap.7 Empty The Tribe of Dan. Rev. Chap.7

Post by Wolfie Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm

In Revelation Chap. 7 fro verse 5 - 8 the sealed tribes are named but the name of Dan is not there. Can anyone tell me why that is. I have been searching but cannot find the answer.
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

The Tribe of Dan. Rev. Chap.7 Empty Re: The Tribe of Dan. Rev. Chap.7

Post by Mathétés Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

We find in the blessings of Jacob that he mentions this about Dan:

Gen. 49:17 "Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward."

there is this record of one of his descendants:

Lev. 24:11 "And the Israelitish woman’s son blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan)"

But also, there were good people from this tribe, in the building of the sanctuary for instance:

Ex. 31:6 "And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee."

we have this information as well:

Deut. 33:22 "And of Dan he said, Dan is a lion’s whelp: he shall leap from Bashan."

They had their own priest for awhile (The law was to have just levites as priests):

Judg. 18:30 "And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land."

Manoah  was from this tribe:

Judg. 13:2 "And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not."

so Yeah, quite a few things written about this tribe. Some of them will be saved for sure, but the tribe is not mentioned among the sealed tribes. I will try to search more about it, then get something back to the forum on this topic.
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum