Job Grieves for his former Prosperity and Honour

Go down

Job Grieves for his former Prosperity and Honour

Post by Wolfie on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 pm

29:2 Oh that I were as [in] months past, as [in] the days [when] God preserved me;
29:3 When his candle shined upon my head, [and when] by his light I walked [through] darkness;
29:4 As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God [was] upon my tabernacle;
29:5 When the Almighty [was] yet with me, [when] my children [were] about me;
29:6 When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
29:7 When I went out to the gate through the city, [when] I prepared my seat in the street!
29:8 The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, [and] stood up.
29:9 The princes refrained talking, and laid [their] hand on their mouth.
29:10 The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
29:11 When the ear heard [me], then it blessed me; and when the eye saw [me], it gave witness to me:
29:12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and [him that had] none to help him.
29:13 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
29:14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment [was] as a robe and a diadem.
29:15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet [was] I to the lame.

29:16 I [was] a father to the poor: and the cause [which] I knew not I searched out.
29:17 And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
29:21 Unto me [men] gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
29:22 After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
29:23 And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide [as] for the latter rain.
29:24 [If] I laughed on them, they believed [it] not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
29:25 I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one [that] comforteth the mourners.

I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. Job 29:15 {ML 243.1}

Watch carefully, prayerfully, conscientiously, lest the mind become so engrossed with many important business transactions that true godliness is overlooked and love is quenched from the soul, notwithstanding the great and pitiful need of your being God's helping hand to the blind and to all others who are unfortunate. The most friendless demand the most attention. Use your time and strength in learning to be "fervent in spirit," to deal justly, and to love mercy, "serving the Lord." Remember that Christ says, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me." {ML 243.2}
God requires His people to be far more pitiful and considerate of the unfortunate than they are. . . . God requires that the same consideration which should be given to the widow and fatherless be given to the blind and to those suffering under the affliction of other physical infirmities. Disinterested benevolence is very rare in this age of the world. . . . It is strange that professed Christian men should disregard the plain, positive teachings of the Word of God and feel no compunction of conscience. God places upon them the responsibility of caring for the unfortunate, the blind, the lame, the widow, and the fatherless; but many make no effort to regard it. {ML 243.3}
There is a great work to be done in our world, and as we approach the close of earth's history, it does not lessen in the least degree; but when the perfect love of God is in the heart, wonderful things will be done.
{ML 243.4}
Wolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Job Grieves for his former Prosperity and Honour

Post by Wolfie on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Such was the fruit manifest in the life of that righteous man of whom God himself declared, "There is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man." Job says, "I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out." {HM, July 1, 1891 par. 4}
The Saviour invites us to become patient toilers in a field which calls for self-denying labor; but it is a glorious work, and one that God smiles upon. When one's heart sympathizes with others burdened with grief and discouragement; when his hand clothes the naked, and the stranger is made welcome to a seat at his fireside and at his board, then heaven comes very near. Brethren and sisters, when you open your doors to Christ's needy and suffering ones, you welcome with them unseen angels, who minister to these children of want and sorrow. You are inviting the companionship of heavenly beings. They bring with them a heavenly atmosphere of joy and peace. They come with praises upon their lips, and an answering strain is heard in heaven. Every deed of mercy and benevolence makes music there. The Father from his throne beholds and numbers the unselfish laborers among his most precious treasures. "And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels." {HM, July 1, 1891 par. 5}
Wolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down