C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job's faith

3 posters

Go down

Job's faith Empty Job's faith

Post by Admin2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 am

Even amongst his many sorrows - his possessions gone, his family dead, his own body racked with infirmity - with his 'friends' claiming that he deserved all this calamity because of his wickedness - Job trusted not to his feelings, not to his circumstances, not the the words of man, but he knew in whom he believed and was persuaded that He was able to keep that which He had promised.

Job's faith rings out in the midst of trial and persecution:

"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

He still has to learn some things along the way of course...
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Job's faith Empty Re: Job's faith

Post by Wolfie Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 pm

When we are encompassed with doubt, perplexed by circumstances, or afflicted by poverty or distress, Satan seeks to shake our confidence in Jehovah. ...Despondency may shake the most heroic faith and weaken the most steadfast will. But God understands, and He still pities and loves. He reads the motives and the purposes of the heart. To wait patiently, to trust when everything looks dark, is the lesson that the leaders in God's work need to learn. Heaven will not fail them in their day of adversity PK 174.2,3
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 pm

The servants in verses 14-17 announced that Job had lost all his possessions. Job’s sheep died in a terrible fire. Enemies stole Job’s camels. Other enemies took Job’s oxen (farm animals) and his donkeys (small horses). In the morning, Job was the wealthiest man in the east. But in the evening, Job was a very poor man.
Sometimes troubles happen suddenly. Each new trouble makes us weaker. We think that we have no strength. But then, a worse trouble comes. Jeremiah knew this. When Jeremiah’s enemies attacked Jerusalem, the people in Jerusalem suffered terribly. The enemies destroyed the city. They killed many people. They took other people to be their slaves. But Jeremiah still remembered God’s love. Jeremiah still knew that God is kind. So, Jeremiah was patient. And Jeremiah knew that God would still answer prayer
Then, Job’s troubles became even worse. Job’s children were having a party. They were greedy. Perhaps the party was evil. Perhaps they drank too much wine. Job was worried about them. And Job was right to be worried. Job’s children were not ready to meet God. They did not know that they would die.
The servant’s news was terrible. Job’s sons died. Job’s daughters died. His servants died. Only the four servants in Job 1:14-19 were still alive. Satan was very cruel to Job. Job did not realise that Satan caused Job’s troubles. Job thought that God had caused these troubles.
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down