C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebellion against God

3 posters

Go down

Rebellion against God Empty Rebellion against God

Post by Mathétés Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:02 am

1. Aaron fashioned the calf, but then after he says that he cast the gold to the fire and then it came up a golden calf, and He even said "it is a feast to the Lord". However, although Aaron participated actively on their sin, he was made priest; God is so merciful!

32:4 "And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."

Ex. 32:5 "And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD"

Ex. 32:24 "And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf."

2. They were sacrificing, eating, drinking and playing:

Ex. 32:6 "And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play."

3. Stiffnecked people:

Ex. 32:9 "And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people."

4. Moses besought the Lord not to destroy them (Moses a figure of a Mediator):

Ex. 32:11 "And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?"

Ex. 32:12 "Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people."

Then again:

Ex. 32:30 "And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin."

Ex. 32:31 "And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold."

Ex. 32:32 "Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written."

Ex. 32:33 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

5. Moses burns the calf in the fire and then gave the powder to the people and they drank it:

Ex. 32:20 "And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it."

6. People were naked:

Ex. 32:25 "And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)"

7. The Levites on the Lord's side:

Ex. 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD’S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

families, neighbors, friends were killed, 3000 men.

Ex. 32:27 "And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."

Ex. 32:28 "And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men."

8. The Lord plagued the People (what kind of plague?)

Ex. 32:35 "And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made."
Mathétés
Mathétés
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rebellion against God Empty Re: Rebellion against God

Post by Wolfie Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Ex 32:21-28 If only..
If Aaron had had courage to stand for the right, irrespective of consequences, he could have prevented that apostasy. If he had unswervingly maintained his own allegiance to God, if he had cited the people to the perils of Sinai, and had reminded them of their solemn covenant with God to obey His law, the evil would have been checked. PP 323
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaios Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 pm

If Aaron had had courage to stand for the right, irrespective of consequences, he could have prevented that apostasy. Should Aaron be punished the most?
Alkaios
Alkaios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum