C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the covering we choose

Go down

the covering we choose Empty the covering we choose

Post by Admin2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:07 am

Is. 28:20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

There is a false covering and a true covering. The false covering will not be sufficient to deliver those who trust in it from the overflowing scourge at the last day. Their covering is the lies and falsehoods under which they hide that they may add sin to sin.

Is. 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

What else could this be than a false gospel? Either one that negates the law and excuses sin (Desmond Ford), or one which qualifies someone through their works (Pharisaism).

The true covering is the work of the Spirit, which comes through an understanding of the true gospel, as preached by Jesus Christ:

28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing.
Matt. 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matt. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matt. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Is. 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

1Pet. 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pet. 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pet. 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Admin2
Admin2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum