C4 WERRIBEE SDARM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christ Speaks in Quietness

Go down

Christ Speaks in Quietness Empty Christ Speaks in Quietness

Post by Wolfie Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:33 am

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found. And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts. {DA 363.3}
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Christ Speaks in Quietness Empty Re: Christ Speaks in Quietness

Post by Wolfie Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 am

The Secret of Strength.

An intensity such as never before was seen is taking possession of the world. In amusement, in moneymaking, in the contest for power, in the very struggle for existence, there is a terrible force that engrosses body and mind and soul. In the midst of this maddening rush, God is speaking. He bids us come apart and commune with Him. "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. {Ed 260.2}
Many, even in their seasons of devotion, fail of receiving the blessing of real communion with God. They are in too great haste. With hurried steps they press through the circle of Christ's loving presence, pausing perhaps a moment within the sacred precincts, but not waiting for counsel. They have no time to remain with the divine Teacher. With their burdens they return to their work. {Ed 260.3}
These workers can never attain the highest success until they learn the secret of strength. They must give themselves time to think, to pray, to wait upon God for

a renewal of physical, mental, and spiritual power. They need the uplifting influence of His Spirit. Receiving this, they will be quickened by fresh life. The wearied frame and tired brain will be refreshed, the burdened heart will be lightened. {Ed 260.4}
Not a pause for a moment in His presence, but personal contact with Christ, to sit down in companionship with Him--this is our need.
Wolfie
Wolfie

Back to top Go down